ST JOHN’S FETE and 130th Birthday – What a wonderful day! The sun shone, the flowers bloomed, the bakers baked, the jams jelled, the silver polishers polished, the art sorters sorted and hung pictures, the sausages sizzled, the pancakes flipped, the raffle raffled and the wonderful old cars rolled in. The Pet Show had over 85 on line registrations, the bunting fluttered, the kids squealed with the CFA and enjoyed their dipping at the bottle stand. The Icebergers and Save Flinders Pier teams welcomed us all with their new mascot Airel.
Sunday was a glorious day in every respect when St. John’s celebrated the 130th anniversary of its dedication on 28th January 1892. The Bishop of Jumbunna, The Rt Revd Dr. Paul Barker dedicated two of David Wright’s windows. Parishioners enjoyed a wonderful lunch and a huge celebratory chocolate cake cut by the Bishop and shared with a glass of champagne!
BUT…none of this, and more, could have happened without the wonderful team effort of marquee erectors, chair and table schleppers, book and white elephone treasure movers from the hall to their tables. The bakers, the sewers, the ajm and cordial makers, the plant and veggie collectors, the money collectors, the food ticket sellers, the children’s activities coordinators…and so many more. Thank you all, soo sooo soooo much